On Friday 26 January 2007 17:27, Ian Levesque wrote:
> I use a simple technique - my client configurations have an exclude
> statement for "*.nobackup". If a user doesn't want to back up a
> directory, he can rename the directory with a .nobackup 'extension'.
> This is easier for a user to see and it's quite obvious later when he
> adds additional files to that directory.

For the others who suggest Bacula becoming aware of special file names to stop
recursion, the answer is no.  Bacula administration is all maintained in the
Director.

However, for those who *really* want such features, the Bacula administrator
can "implement" it as shown above, which is perfectly OK with me and also
very visible for the user.