Those messages come from the 1.3x Bacula-fd.exe.  The new version doesn't
display them.  But during an upgrade the old one is used to uninstall the
existing service.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mantas M.
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 1:43 AM
To: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Win2k Automated Upgrade from 1.3x to 2.0

I've been looking for a way to automate the setup on xp workstations as
well. After some fifteen tries to install and uninstall bacula in
various ways i've decided to go the with the merest:

1. stop the service
2. replace the binary files
3. start the service again.

as far as i've tested this, it works completely fine, and you do not
have to play with nullsoft installers.

I would like however to add some comments on the installers. Installer
(as well as uninstaller) shows way to much messages which do not require
any reaction form the user. For instance, why do we need that "service
was successfully installed (removed)" message? I believe there should
only be one saying, that service install failed, in case that happens.
If (un)installer wouldn't have this irritating feature, it'd be easy to
push new versios using the original installers, since the /S switch
takes care of pretty much all the rest.

Regards,

Mantas.