Hello,

On 1/26/2007 10:24 PM, Peter Eisch wrote:
> This is a problem since I moved from 1.38.11 to 2.0.1 that I can't seem to
> get past.  My changer script works from the command line.  The btape 'test'
> and 'autochanger' work fine from the command line.  If I try to run a job
> that uses the autochanger it will load the first media and then sit and wait
> for Godot.  It seems to hate me.

Have you done an 'update slots' command?

> Device status:
> Autochanger "DSI" with devices:
>    "SDLT320" (/dev/nrst0)
> Device "Repository" (/u1/bacula/repository) is not open.
> Device "FileStorage" (/tmp) is not open.
> Device "SDLT320" (/dev/nrst0) open but no Bacula volume is currently
> mounted.
>     Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "OS0001".
>     Slot 1 is loaded in drive 0.
>     Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
>     Positioned at File=0 Block=0
> ====
>
> In Use Volume status:
> OS0001 on device "SDLT320" (/dev/nrst0)
> ====
>
> *
> 26-Jan 15:16 sname-sd: Please mount Volume "OS0001" on Storage Device
> "SDLT320" (/dev/nrst0) for Job Tape.2007-01-26_15.12.38
> *
>
> The components are:
>
> # ch0 at scsibus0 target 14 lun 0: <BDT, ThinStor AutoLdr, T16r> changer
> removable
> # ch0: 8 slots, 1 drive, 1 picker, 0 portals
> # ch0: async, 8-bit transfers
>
> # st0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM, SDLT320, 5252> tape removable
> # st0: density code 73, variable blocks, write-enabled
> # st0: sync (25.00ns offset 62), 16-bit (80.000MB/s) transfers
>

> I guess I should note that with 1.38.11 it would at least write the first
> tape and then end up in this same state after mounting the second tape.  I
> can't do an 'mt status' at this point because it seems to be doing something
> to the drive, but whatever that is isn't writing.

Try unmounting the device first.

> Ideas?

Well, you should tell us which volumes are in the autoloader, show us
(examples of) the volume metadata, and tell us what you do when you load
or change tapes.

What you describe looks like Bacula doesn't know about any volumes in
the autochanger, or these are not labeled.

Arno

> peter

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]