I don't have a non-Solaris box to compare right now so I'm not sure
why it only showed up only on Solaris.  It occurred identically on a
dual CPU sparc, single CPU sparc, and a single CPU AMD64 box.  I did
notice right after the "delete jcrs", the memory was immediately
filled with a 10 bit pattern.  That's why it died trying to
dereference 0xaaaaaaaa.  Maybe other systems don't do that so the
memory contents at the pointer was still intact even though it had
been freed.

                                        -Jason