On Tuesday 06 February 2007 16:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Is there something I can add to the config that will allow the director,
> or client to sense that the other has come on-line, and trigger a backup?

Not what I'd consider a clean solution, but if you have access to the DHCP
server, you could watch the log files and start a script when a new lease
is handed out. Or better yet, watch for name server messages if dhcp is
set up to update the dns.

MfG, Ulrich

--
Heinz Ulrich Stille / Tel.: +49-541-9400473 / Fax: +49-541-9400450
Tammen Gmbh / Wilhelmstraße 16 / D-49076 Osnabrück / www.tammen.de