On Feb 4, 2007, at 4:12 AM, Pierre Bernhardt wrote:

> I have different pools created:
>
> Daily         for incremental backups
> Weekly                for differential backups
> Monthly               for full backups
>
> If a Daily job executes and a full backup must be saved the bu
> schould go automatically to the monthly pool. For Differential
> it should use the Weekly pool.
>
> So I've configured the following schedule directive in director
> configuration.
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "Cycle"
>   Run = Level = Full 1st sun at 18:35
>   Run = Level = Differential Full Pool = Monthly 2nd-5th sun at 18:35
>   Run = Level = Incremental Full Pool = Monthly Differential Pool =
> Weekly
> mon-sat at 18:35
> }
>
> But the problem is, it will not work as I guess.
>
> Where is the mistake?

I can think of one issue which I encountered--if you do a
Differential or Incremental backup but no prior Full backup exists,
it becomes upgraded to Full. Because of this, you can possibly have a
Full backup done on any day, at least when you're starting out.

Myself, I realized I didn't care so much about whether it was a daily/
weekly/monthly backup, but actually I wanted to separate them by
their level, so my pools are full/diff/incr instead. If this is the
case for you, I would suggest you look at these three Job/JobDefs
directives:

Full Backup Pool = <pool-resource-name>
Differential Backup Pool = <pool-resource-name>
Incremental Backup Pool = <pool-resource-name>

These will override the pool specification depending on the level of
the backup. Using all three of them makes "Pool = " redundant. When
using them, I could remove the pool specifications from my schedule.

--
--Darien A. Hager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]