Hi,

On 2/7/2007 2:32 PM, Raphael Bouskila wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm having a really weird problem--not all of the files on my clients
> are being backed up. I'm not sure what's causing it, and in fact can't
> seem to see any pattern among what's being backed up and what's not.
> Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I could use a pointer!
>
> Here's what's actually on a sample client:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] storage]# ls -la
> total 36
> drwxrwxrwx   5 root     root  4096 Jan 30 14:50 .
> drwxr-xr-x  25 root     root  4096 Jan 26 16:40 ..
> drwx------   2 root     root 16384 Aug 19  2005 lost+found
> drwxr-xr-x   3 user1 cnd   4096 Jan 30 14:51 user1
> drwx------  15 user2    cnd   4096 Sep 22 17:00 user2
>
> Here's what I get on bacula on the server (doing a  "5: Select the
> most recent backup for a client" restore)
>
> $ dir
> drwxr-xr-x   3 user1 cnd         4096  2007-01-30 14:51:02 */storage/user1/
>
> I don't think this is a permissions problem, however, since on another client:

I think the last backup you selected was not a full one, but rather an
incremental or differential one.

I suppose there simply weren't any changes to data in user2 since the
last backup of a higher level.

You can use one of the other, more suitable, restore options. Probably
first use 2, 7, or 11 would help you.

Arno

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] storage]# ls -la
> total 3473328
> drwxrwxrwx  4 root  root       4096 Oct 30 10:38 .
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root  root          0 Feb  7 08:23 ..
> drwx------  2 root  root      16384 Sep 12  2005 lost+found
> -rw-r--r--  1 user3  cnd     3267888 Oct 30 10:38 M.avi
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  root 3549913276 Jun 29  2006 tarfile.tgz
> drwxr-xr-x  8 user4 cnd        4096 Sep  8 11:24 user4
>
> $ dir
> ----------   0 root     root           0  1969-12-31 19:00:00  /storage/user4/
>
> so, even though there are read permissions to everyone on tarfile.tgz
> and M.avi, neither are being backed up.
>
> I'm using bacula 1.36, and otherwise am quite happy with my current
> setup, so unless this is a bacula 1.3x issue that can only be resolved
> by upgrading, I'd prefer not to go to 2 just yet.
>
> To be specific about my setup:
> Server:
> Debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8
> 1.36.2 (installed from the debian apt packages)
> HP Utrium 230 LTO 1 tape drive
>
> Clients:
> Fedora 4 and up, 2.6 kernels
> 1.38.11 (installed from the bacula-client rpm file for Fedora) on the clients
>
> Any ideas would be much appreciated!
>
>  -raph

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]