Michel Meyers wrote:
> Eric Andrews wrote:
> > Hi Michel
>
> > Thanks for getting back so soon - I hope this helps, if you need more
> > info, please shout.
>
> > Please tell me where I am going wrong.
> [snip]
>
> >  bacula-director-sqlite3 depends on libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6); however:
> >   Version of libc6 on system is 2.3.6-0ubuntu20.2.
>
> Your (Ubuntu's?) verison of libc6 is too low. The same goes for libgcc1,
> libssl0.9.8 and libstdc++6 and you're missing libsqlite3-0 too:
>
> >  bacula-director-sqlite3 depends on libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-12); however:
> >   Version of libgcc1 on system is 1:4.0.3-1ubuntu5.
> >  bacula-director-sqlite3 depends on libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.3.8); however:
> >   Package libsqlite3-0 is not installed.
> >  bacula-director-sqlite3 depends on libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8c-1); however:
> >   Version of libssl0.9.8 on system is 0.9.8a-7ubuntu0.3.
> >  bacula-director-sqlite3 depends on libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-12); however:
> >   Version of libstdc++6 on system is 4.0.3-1ubuntu5.
> > dpkg: error processing bacula-director-sqlite3 (--install):
> >  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  bacula-director-sqlite3
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/backup-200701 #
>
> Note that the Debian packages were probably built against Debian
> unstable or testing, which seems to have newer versions of the packages
> than the Ubuntu version you're using. You'll have to try to find the
> newer versions of these packages for your Ubuntu install and install the
> missing ones (don't ask me how, I really know nothing of Ubuntu apart
> the basic workings of apt and dpkg, which are the same on Debian),
> otherwise those Bacula packages will not install.
Even though some things *might* break, you can perfectly mix-and-match
packages from Ubuntu and Debian... while upgrading at the same time: my
suggestion is as follows, include a Debian *testing* repository in your
/etc/apt/sources.list and do an apt-get -f install

I assume installing from a repository would help you a bit... contact me
privately and I'll give you the URL for my company's semi-public repo.

(Soon to contain debs for 2.0.2 :-)
(sorry for the delay, guys)

    J.L.