Hi,

On 1/31/2007 7:02 AM, Jim wrote:

> I have no Idea what might have happened but I can’t get the bacula-dir
> to start. I have been running bacula for about 6 months now and recently
> upgraded my dir and fd’s to 2.01 and all was working fine. Yesterday I
> reloaded my wife’s computer and went to bacula to restore her document
> folder, upon the first try it seemed to work great but didn’t find the
> files, well I realized I sent them to the wrong machine, no problem I
> could just copy them from that machine but I wanted to make sure I had
> this restore thing down using it to restore to a fresh installed os. I
> was using ocm webmin to restore and at one point, since I couldn’t seem
> to get it working I brought up the wx-console to see what the status was
> and suddenly I got an error saying that the dir was not running and do I
> want to continue. I have not been able to get the dir running since. At
> first it gave me some lines of code to check in the dir.conf file which
> hadn’t changed from the last start but weren’t mission critical so I
> changed them and expected it to start but now that I have everything set
> to work it still does not start and gives me no errors.  This is on a
> centos 4.4 machine, what can I do to force bacula to give me some sort
> of info about why it doesn’t start? Oh and the SD and FD on this box
> start it is just the dir that doesn’t. Thanks

I'll start sending you some punctuation and line feeds vie mail :-)

What errors exactly do you get when you start the DIR from the shell,
like in '/sbin/bacula-dir -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf -f'? (Change
the paths to fit your installation!)

Which version of Bacula?

What does the configuration file look like?

After you supply that information I'm sure we can help.

Arno

> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier.

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]