Hello all,

never mind.  I found the problem, the autochanger was only configured
to report one of the two tape holders.

JBB

> Hello Magnus,

> I just installed  a Dell 124T with autochanger for 16 tapes.  However,
> when I use bconsole to do the "update" command, it only sees 8 tapes,
> in fact it only thinks it is an 8 tape changer.

> What do I have to do to make it see all 16 tapes?

> thanks in advance.

> JBB

> Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 5:09:35 AM, you wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> I have an Dell 124T with Autochanger for 8 tapes. My
>>> configuration is as follows. So, a few questions:
>>> . Is the archive device incremental (/dev/nst0, /dev/nst1, ..) ?

>> We use the exact same hardware, but with 16 tapes. /dev/nst0 works like a
>> charm.

>> Just to be sure: you have detected the SCSI device in the OS? Initialy the
>> DELL PV 124T has a high enough SCSI id not to be detected automaticly at
>> startup by a few OS:es. We've manualy had to add to /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

>>         echo "scsi-add-single-device 0 0 6 1" > /proc/scsi/scsi

>> on our CentOS 3.8 server. YMMMV, of course.

>>> . When using this configuration, I have in bconsole a message
>>> to label the tape but the tape is already labelled (by btape)
>>> and I cannot force a new label. So, how to label my eight tapes ?

>> Our server came with blank tapes so there were no problem with labeling. How
>> about unmounting them from bacula, feed them to the drive manualy using mtx
>> and erasing them with "/bin/mt -f /dev/nst0 erase"?

>> regards,

>> --
>>  Infogate AB             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>  Storgatan 29                   tel: 035-171970
>>  Box 345                        fax: 035-171979
>>  301 08 Halmstad                www.infogate.se

Superior solutions for small business, home office and home users

Jonathan B Bayer,CEO           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bayer Technology Group         Work: (609) 632-1200
23 Exeter Rd.                  Mobile: (609) 658-9408
East Windsor, NJ 08520