Hi,

> firstofall, I'm just asking here for I'm not aware of a list dealing
> with bweb yet, and secondly most/all of it's users are going to read
> it here anyway.
>
> i'm currently setting up mysql permissions for bacula and bweb - does
> anyone know if bweb only needs readonly permissions and does the rest
> of its features via bconsole?

At this time, Bweb needs a write access to :
- Location
- LocationLog
- Media::LocationId
- Media::Comment
- Media::RecyclePoolId (it will change soon)

If your doesn't use Location feature, you can use ReadOnly access
for all tables, or setup something like :

GRANT SELECT ON bacula.* TO 'bweb'@'%'  IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
GRANT INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON bacula.Location
  TO 'bweb'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
GRANT INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON bacula.LocationLog
  TO 'bweb'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
GRANT UPDATE (LocationId,Comment,RecyclePoolId) ON bacula.Media
  TO 'bweb'@'%'  IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

> I think so, but maybe I'm completely wrong. Did anyone look into this
> so far? My reasoning is that the webserver should access using a
> different account than the director itself.

Yes, it's the best way. You can also use a restricted bconsole.

Bye