hi all.

setting up my test system i ran into some problems with the FileSet.

first of all, it took me a while to figure out, that only the "File"
sections are used to calculate the hash of the FileSet.
since i decided (probably because of wron assumptions) that i would do
most of the generic inclusion/exclusion in the "Options{}" SubResource,
my hash would not change, making me wrongly believe, that the FileSet
was not read correctly (since bacula would only do incremental backups
and not upgrade to Full backups, even though i did change "something").

probably it would be nice to make it explicit in the manual, that only
the File sections of Include{} and Exlcude{} are used for the Hash.

my second problem myteriously resolved while i am writing this email
(cheerio to systematic testing!):

i would like to NOT backup all directories named "tmp" (e.g. /tmp AND
/home/user1/tmp AND /home/user2/subdir/tmp)
in theory this should be fairly simple, no?

i tried to specify wilddir as "tmp", "tmp/" and even as "/tmp" and
"/tmp/" (though i had little hope with the last 2 ones), in the
Options{}-resource of Include{} (of course with 'exclude="yes"').
however, this did not work.

i finally found out that i had to use 'wilddir = "*/tmp"'.

(it is fairly simple to exclude directories where you do know the full
path before hand; however this may not work if you allow users to have
their own directory layout in their home directories)

i couldn't find any hint in the documentation, and i think this might be
interesting to a lot of people.
(but probably they are just faster with understanding FileSet's ;-))

finally:
is it possible to use other exclusion mechanisms, e.g. by file-size?
or do i have to write my own scripts to achieve something like this?

System:
debian/etch
bacula-2.0.2

mfg.asdr