On Monday 26 February 2007 22:11, Tim Schoellhammer wrote:
> The answer was in
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Slow-positioning-at-the-end-of-the-tape--tf2826338.ht
>ml#a7909209
>
> Now with:
> Autochanger {
>   Name = MSL
>   Device = Drive-1, Drive-2
>   Changer Command = "/usr/local/share/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
>   Changer Device = /dev/pass0
> }
>
> Device {
>   Name = Drive-1                      #
>   Drive Index = 0
>   Media Type = LTO-2
>   Device Type = Tape
>   Archive Device = /dev/nsa0
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>   AlwaysOpen = yes;
>   RemovableMedia = yes;
>   RandomAccess = no;
>   AutoChanger = yes
>   # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
>   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
>   Hardware End of Medium = No
>  #Fast Forward Space File = No
>  # BSF at EOM = yes
>  # Backward Space Record = yes
> #  Fast Forward Space File = no
>  # TWO EOF = yes
> }
>
> Device {
>   Name = Drive-2                      #
>   Drive Index = 1
>   Media Type = LTO-2
>   Device Type = Tape
>   Archive Device = /dev/nsa1
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>   AlwaysOpen = yes;
>   RemovableMedia = yes;
>   RandomAccess = no;
>   AutoChanger = yes
>   # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
>   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
>   Hardware End of Medium = No
>   #Fast Forward Space File = No
>   #BSF at EOM = yes
>   #Backward Space Record = yes
> #  Fast Forward Space File = no
>   #TWO EOF = yes
> }
>
> and
> mt -f  /dev/nsa0 seteotmodel 1
> mt -f  /dev/nsa0 blocksize 0
> mt -f  /dev/nsa0 comp enable
> mt -f  /dev/nsa1 seteotmodel 1
> mt -f  /dev/nsa1 blocksize 0
> mt -f  /dev/nsa1 comp enable
>
> it works fine.
>
> It is two times faster in recovery as the veritas backupexec.

Nice.  Thanks for reporting that.  It is always nice to be faster than the big
guys :-)

By the way, I imagine you have done so, but please run a btape "test" to
ensure that your new Device resource works correctly with your drive.  I have
no reason to believe that it won't but it is always good to check.
btape "test" is not 100% foolproof, but it will catch a lot of subtile
problems that could show up later ...