Hello,

On 2/26/2007 7:46 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> After getting some storages together at last I have a really bad problem
> when I try to restore some files. As I got some Windows and some Linux
> Servers to Backup I put them onto different storages and here comes the
> problem:
>
> I created the following job definition for the restore:
>
> Job {
>   Name = "restore-linux-server"
>   Type = Restore
>   Client = linux-server
>   FileSet = "linux-server-set"
>   Storage = StorageDaemon-LinuxServer
>   Pool = linux-pool
>   Messages = Standard
>   Where = /tmp/bacula-restores
> }
>
> But after I marked the files and typed done, Bacula wants to create a job
> with the windows storage daemon rather the one that is listed in the job
> definition above. Even when I modify the job so that I should use the
> right storage daemon it still tries to use the windows storage daemon

The quick work around is to symlink the file to where it wants it.

> and
> creates the following error message:
>
> 08-Feb 12:54 StorageDaemon: restore-linux-server.2007-02-08_12.54.51 Fatal
> error: acquire.c:109 Read open device "Storage-WindowsServer"
> (/mnt/windows-server-bac
> kup) Volume "linux" failed: ERR=dev.c:450 Could not open:
> /mnt/windows-server-backup/linux, ERR=Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
> gefunden
>
> I hope that someone here can help as I really dont know what to do about it.
> Thanks a lot in advance.

I assume you have the same file type for the two storage devices you
created, which will lead to the problems you encounter.

Set up different file types and things should go much better. (This is
mentioned in the manual, I believe.)

> Alexander Nolte
>
> P.S.: It would be glad if someone could also tell me how to answer to
> posts in this mailinglist as I dont want to put all my posts on the top
> level. ;-)

Erm, I ususally simply press the "Reply to all" button and remove the
individual senders. (Which is necessary because Thunderbird doesn't
handle mailing list mail better by itself - I miss a "Reply to list"
button...)

You're using SquirrelMail, which is a web mailer, which is something I
really don't like. So, my recommendaton is to set up a proper mail client.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]