Hi,

On 2/27/2007 9:17 PM, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Arno Lehmann wrote:
>

>> Apart from that, you should examine the job 385 in more detail, and
>>  compare with 534. I'm quite sure there must be a significant
>> difference - either the job name or the client are not identical, I
>> think.
>>
>> I don't have a running Bacula ready at the moment, but I *think*
>> you can use 'llist jobid=...' to get that information. Or query the
>> catalog directly if you prefer that.
>>
>> If you don't find the reason, please post the information here, and
>> also add your job definitions, related to this broblem job /
>> client.
>

> What is important here: I changed *nothing* in bacula,

I doubt that... details below.

> I only changed
> *many* files on the client. That was all. And during the nightly
> scheduled incremental backup bacula started a full backup. A
> modification in the bacula config took not place. All I can assume is
> bacula calculated the amount of files / size from the affected files
> and came to the conclusion that the incremental backup to do would be
> nearly like a full backup, so it changed the job by its own to make a
> full backup to have the next incremental backups much more smaller.
> That sounds reasonable, but I don't want that kind of consideration
> ;)

Bacula doesn't do that sort of thing... unless Kern or someone put that
in without telling us... and without anyone noticing it.

> Ok, here the Output:
>
> (I cancled 534 before the Full Backup really started.)

Ok.

I'll shorten the output to the relevant details:

> *llist jobid=385 JobId: 385
 > FileSetId: 7
 > FileSet: avocado-files

and

> *llist jobid=534
 > FileSetId: 8
> FileSet: avocado-files

The fileset has been changed, and, as I learned just recently, what you
have in the File= clauses.

Bacula keeps a hash over that in the catalog, and when it notices a
change it creates a new fileset. You can override that in the fileset
resource. The name will remain the same, but the ID will change.

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]