On Sunday 18 March 2007 20:27, David Boyes wrote:
> > > I'm a fan of frequent releases.  Smaller changes each time is a good
> > > thing.  Both from a user and a sysadmin point of view.
>
> In principle this is a great idea. Can I suggest a minor variant?
>
> Frequent releases benefit sites that are capable of experimentation.
> Enterprise deployments don't move so quickly, so I'd suggest you
> designate two tracks: a "development" track (release early and often)
> and a "stable" track that's a little more conservative (release on a
> regular, planned schedule, order of once or twice a year, unless there's
> something major).
> This would help the folks offering support a great deal.
>
> Tens of thousands of client machines would thank you.. 8-)

To a certain extent this alway occurs during a development cycle.  I'm just
saying that in this particular case, there are important things already in
the development cycle, so I am not proposing something permanent.

If I had 10 or 20 programmers working on Bacula, this *might* be possible, but
it is not.