1 baender pro tag, insg 10 baender
sicherungsverf. mo-fr die ersten 15 ( 3 pro tag) nix am we,
woche drauf baender 16-30
woche drauf

Hi list,

it's me again :-9

Got a new scenario, on which I need some advice and help, whetehr it is
possible to solve that requirements with bacula.
I'll try to clarify the circumstances by bringing up an example.

The "exercise" is the following:

From monday to friday, a fullbackup should be written to tape - no backups on
saturday and sunday.

Let's say, one's got 10 tapes overall. Week 1 uses tape 1-5, week 2 uses tape
6-10, week 3 1-5 again and so on.

The question is: is it to handle, that bacula does not reuse the labelled tape
1 on monday of week 3, but really erases it, labels it with the current date
and does his backup job. Or to say "OK, today, I want to take a tape offsite
and replace it with a new tape from my vendor, which was never used before".
So bacula needs to be told, to e.g. on 3rd monday tape no. 1, but not to
append but relabel it with the current date OR use a new tape.

This example can be spread up up to 4 weeks cycle with 40 tapes etc.

I hope I was able to state my question if not, please ask :-)

Greetings,

Benni
--
Benjamin E. Zeller