On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 10:28:56PM -0400, AltGrendel wrote:
> I'm running bacula-mysql-2.0.1-1 on Fedora core 6. Last week the /var
> partition filled up, corrupting the bacula database. Using the advice of
> Frank Sweetser (thanks again, Frank), I've repaired the tables and have
> made a backup of the database. Now I have the problem in that none of
> the backup jobs are showing up in bconsole, even though I've verified
> that the data is there.
>
> The section of the bacula documentation that explains about catalog
> maintaince mentions  reindexing  the Filename and Path tables.

Doing the repair tables should have recreated any indexes.

It's worth nothing that doing a repair will simply guarantee that the contents
of the tables are well formed - it's still quite possible that data were lost.
The next step to try would be to run dbcheck to check a number of possible
data holes.  If that finds chunks of orphaned records, the only way to
fill them in would be to dbscan the tapes into the catalog.

WPI Network Engineer          |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken