Nathan Metcalf wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Thanks heaps for your support on my last issue, you probably don’t
> remember it, but you were a huge help, and the backup has ran
> successfully for the last week without a single glitch J
>
> Now for the other country. J
>
> We have a small backup job, only about 30gig or so, and thus no
> Autoloader or anything…..
>
> The job starts at 7:00pm NZT (New Zealand Time) and when I logging in
> the 9am morning AEST, it’s still running (well, sitting there)
>
> The device status says:
>
> “Device status:
>
> Device "QuantumLTO2" (/dev/nst0) open but no Bacula volume is mounted.
>
> Device is BLOCKED waiting for media.
>
> Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
>
> Positioned at File=0 Block=0
>
> ”
>
> In Australia we don’t mount the drive or anything before hand, and I
> don’t believe I’m suppose to.
>
> In NZ, if I stop the job, and start a fresh one manually, it works
> fine J I change the pool from Default to the respective day…
>
> Sorry about all the non technical questions, but my company has been
> dropped with this system with no-one to tech us how to use it. I have
> read all the manuals I can find, but nothing seems as helpful as
> talking to someone about my specific issue. And the bloke that
> recommended and implemented Bacula(as good a job as he did) has left
> the companyL
>
> Thanks once again J
>
> -- Nathan
>
> Nathan Metcalf
> Australasian IT Support
> Weatherbeeta P/L
>
> E. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> W <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
> http://www.weatherbeeta.com <http://www.weatherbeeta.com/>
>

> ********************Confidentiality and Privilege
> Notice********************
>
> The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential
> to the addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
> message or responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you
> may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy
> it and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
>
> Information in this message that does not relate to the official
> business of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed
> by Weatherbeeta. Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or
> associates shall not be liable for direct, indirect or consequential
> loss arising from transmission of this message or any attachments

Well the error you are getting is a couple of things. Either the tape
you have in the loader is not labeled, or literally not mounted. Make
sure you have automount=yes in the SD configuration so that everytime
the SD starts it automounts the tape. But in hindsight, you do need to
manually mount a new tape if you ever eject/unmount the one that is in
it. Make sure you don't have something running the unmounts the volume
that is in the drive.

jason