Hello,

 I've been reading the support documentation for bacula with regard to
backing up to DVD media.
( http://www.bacula.org/dev-manual/System_Requirements.html )

 In the "System Requirements" section, the last bullet point says :

If you want to use DVD as backup medium, you will need to download the
dvd+rw-tools 5.21.4.10.8, apply the patch to make these tools compatible
with Bacula, then compile and install them. Do not use the dvd+rw-tools
provided by your distribution, they will not work with Bacula.

 My questions are:

 1. There is a specific version of the dvd+rw-tools software listed
here.  Does this mean that this spefific version, and only this version;
is required for bacula to be able to do backups to DVD?  I run Gentoo
Linux on the system I want to run bacula on, and it lists the current
version of the dvd+rw-tools package as version 7.0. Do I need to
un-install version 7.0 of the dvd+rw-tools package and go get version
5.21.4.10.8 in order for bacula to function?

 2. In this same paragraph, the word "patch" is a hyperlink to:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/bacula/bacula/patches/dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8.bacula.patch

 However, this link is broken. If this patch is still required, where is
the correct place to get it?

--
        -Monte