Hello everyone,

this is my first post in the mailing list so i'll write a few things about me,
i'm a sys admin and i'm currently managing several servers (colo, VPS, shared,
etc). I've been looking for a backup system for some time now and Bacula seems
perfect!

i'd also like to add that Bacula has the best and most complete documentation
i've ever seen in an open source project, great work!

now, to my problem:

i've got two systems, one is the remote server (a VPS in this case) and the
other is the backup server (this one is a colocated dedicated server). I've
setup the bacula-fd on the remote server and i've setup bacula-dir and
bacula-sd on the backup server. I've also setup the two monitors and full TLS
encryption between them all (gnome-tray-monitor doesn't support TLS btw).

i've run several Full backups and they worked perfectly, the final compressed
size of the full backup is 6GB.

but, when i run a Differential backup the next day, it backs up nearly 2GB of
data!! (in 6,387 files), which seems rather strange because i'm sure that the
server hasn't been used that much to warrant changes in 6,387 files or nearly
2GB of data.

as a side note, i'd like to say that i'm using an extensive Exclude list that
prevents backups for /tmp and similar directories which are used too frequently
and are of no real importance to me.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you.