On Wednesday 30 May 2007 2:00:44 pm Naufal Sheikh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> till now I always restart bacula after i make any change in configuration
> parameters. I had various time out parameters which i need to comment out
> now, and I was wondering if I need to restart bacula every time or will the
> change be read automatically for the next job?
>
> Regards

Any time you change any of the .conf files do the following:

In a shell on the machine running the bacula director:

bacula-dir -t

This will test the configuration.  You may need to specify the config file, in
which case you instead use:

bacula-dir -c /path/to/bacula-dir.conf -t

This tests the config files.  If that does not return any errors you then run
bconsole and enter:

reload

That will prompt bacula to re-read the configuration files.

It's better to test the config files before reloading them in the console,
because if they're bad then the director will crash and you'll have less
information about why than if you run the test command.

--
-- Flak Magnet (Tim)
www.flakmagnet.com