Hi,

On 6/5/2007 2:31 AM, Bob Gamble wrote:
> One more thought on this.  Has anyone tried changing the time stamp on a
> volume

You'd have to change the LastWritten column in the catalog. Bacula is
not very interested in the file system timestamps.

> (so bacula thinks it's  retention period is passed) and what
> affect does this have in the big picture?

Pruning and recycling would happen according to the changed timestamp.

>  In other words, would bacula
> get confused by this?

No.

> I realize this wouldn't be best practices by any stretch.  I'm only
> looking at all ways I can retain part of a very large volume of data.

If you want to make sure certain volumes are not recycled, use the
console command 'update' to disable recycling or set the retention time.
  A retention time of 0 zero means automatic pruning is disabled.

Keep in mind that the job retention time still applies, but Bacula will
not overwrite your volumes.

Arno