Ryan Novosielski schrieb:

> >> I'll certainly give it a shot, but doesn't it look like the %c is never
> >> getting expanded to anything? Does anyone know where in the manual these
> >> % variables are discussed?
> >
> > It's in 'CHAPTER 28. AUTOCHANGER SUPPORT'
> > %c = changer device name
> >
> > Of course you can use the device path instead of %c.
>
> I don't have an autochanger. Would that mean I'd have to type the path
> in manually, or use a different variable?

First I would try the command on the command line. I think you can use
%a for the archive device.

14.3. DEVICE RESOURCE
Alert Command
Note, it is not necessary to have an autochanger to use this command.
The example below uses the tapeinfo program that comes with the
mtx package, but it can be used on any tape drive. However, you will
need to specify a Changer Device directive in your Device resource
(see above) so that the generic SCSI device name can be edited into
the command (with the %c).

Ralf