I've been following the thread about waiting 40 minutes, and the
suggestion to perform a RunBeforeJob seems to be the current solution.

I have been running Mondo as a disaster recovery solution. It has a
function that comes in handy here whereas it will perform a task just
before writing it's ISO  images. I am guessing that the RunBeforeJob in
Bacula runs before even deciding what files it will back up. As I write
to a Samba mount which need awaken before writing to it, and if Bacula
takes a little bit of time to decide on and transfer files, is there a
way to nudge the mount just before any writes to it? I realize this is
not the same situation, but I could buffer the writes to disk before
writing to the mount. (I seem to recall there is this buffering option
in Bacula).

Thanks for any advice.

Blackbeard