<snip>

> Hi Arno,
>
> Yes it is absolutely necessary that bacula uses the tape that is in the
> drive, That is what the customer wants. They want to switch the tapes every
> day themselves but when they forget they still want a new backup to be
> made. I noticed that that's not exactly the bacula logic, but it should be
> possible I think.
>
> Chantal

</snip>

I still haven't solved this problem..... The old tape has to be automatically
overwritten when the user forgets to change it. The retention period seems to
work now, but the following happened:

- the backup on the "used" tape did not take place, message was the same:
Volume "DefaultVolume-0014" status is Used, but should be Append, Purged or
Recycle
- I canceled the job and started one manually, still nothing
- then I manually mounted the tape and the backup started

So the recycling works but the tape has to be unmounted and remounted, is
there anyway to do this automatically?

Chantal