Hello List,

once again, the DVD Media issue :)
This time i will try to get it right, explain it well and define my
requirements.

My original goal was to write to DVD-R or DVD-RW.
Since bacula does not:
a) carry on the backup even if the DVD-Media is full
b) catch up on the Volumes which need top be written to DVD

--> i decided to give DVD-RAM a try.
We already have a DVD-RAM Handler script here which does tackle the
Problem b).
You need to pass the Files as arguments to the script.

My Problem now:
-------------------
I) If i use FileStorage, the %v Variable will only print the LAST Volume
II) If i use the DVD Storage (which has the %v variable as i want it to
be), then bacula looks for the last written Volume, so that i can append
to it.

It looks like there is no proper solution to I) (well, Kern could
implement it :P )
I think the DVD Storage (II) is the way to go. I just need to trick
bacula, so that it runs my dvd-ram-handler script with the volumes as
arguments.

Right now i am stuck with this:
----------------------------------
No prior or suitable Full backup found in catalog. Doing FULL backup.
Pool Default created in database.
Created new Volume "Volume0001" in catalog.
Please mount Volume "Volume0001" on Storage Device "DVD Writer"
(/dev/hda) for Job Client1.2007-06-16_18.20.36

Why does it ask for Volume0001? Because it want to append to it?

Here is my SD config:
---------------------------
Device {
  Name = "DVD Writer"
  Media Type = DVD
  Archive Device = /dev/hda
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
  MaximumPartSize = 20M;
  RequiresMount = yes;
  MountPoint = /mnt/cdrom;
  MountCommand = "/bin/umount %a ; /bin/mount %a %m";
  UnmountCommand = "/bin/umount %m";
  SpoolDirectory = /tmp/backup;
  WritePartCommand = "/usr/bin/rsync -avz %v %m"  --> this will be
replaced it the proof of concept works.
  FreeSpaceCommand = "/bin/umount %a ; /bin/mount %a %m && /bin/df |
grep %a | awk '{print $4}' && /bin/umount %a"
}

My Pool:
-----------
# Default pool definition
Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
  AutoPrune = no                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
  LabelFormat = "Volume"
  UseVolumeOnce = yes
}

Cheers,  Mario