Salvo PAESANO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wish to set a bacula's dedicated server and I just need to
> know if they are some hardware requirement for bacula 2.X
> do you thinks that is enough?  1x Dual core 1.6 ghz whit 1gb
> Ram 160*Gb HD (SATA), 2 GB Network card and a PERC 4e/DC (for scsi)
>

> * the database is in another server (we have a mysql databases dedicated
server)

For what it's worth, we are running Bacula 2.0.3 in a VMware
virtual machine here.  Doing a full backup of a 72 gig server
last night, the peak CPU utilization was 750 MHz of one 3.66GHz
Xeon MP processor.  The VM has 2 GB RAM assigned, and doesn't
appear to have topped 256MB used during that backup run.  This
VM is also running Bacula's MySQL server, and all disk access
is via VMware virtual disk stored on an iSCSI SAN.  The backup
volumes are being stored on SATA disks in a physical server
located across campus, not on the Bacula Director VM.

In terms of the database, bacula-web says that there's currently
15 clients being backed up, which take up 2.14GB of database
space to store records about 3.4 million files totaling
over 4.7 TB.

If you are looking to back up a similar amount of data and
clients, then the server that you have above will probably
be more than adequate in terms of CPU and memory.  If you
plan to store your backup volumes on the disks in this same
server, my only recommendation is that you can never have
enough disk space for backups.....

-Arthur

 Arthur Emerson III                 Email:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Network Administrator              InterNIC:   AE81
 Mount Saint Mary College           MaBell:     (845) 561-0800 Ext. 3109
 330 Powell Ave.                    Fax:        (845) 562-6762
 Newburgh, NY  12550                SneakerNet: Aquinas Hall Room 6