On 2007.07.02. 21:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ah...
>
> Some clarification: by clients, I meant the client application, the bacula-fd
> agent rather then the machines themselves, though in general if you can use
> RunBeforeJob with a completely shut down system and have no problems, doing
> so with just a downed agent should be no problem as well.

is there any reason to keep bacula-fd shut down ? is it taking too much
resources, or is this because of security reasons ?

the client probably could be additionally firewalled, if this is because
of the security. as for resource consumption, i don't think bacula-fd
resource usage is noticeable.

the only reason left is psychological wish to have it shut down, but
that's another issue ;)

> Thanks,
> Andrew
  Rich