Hi,

I'm using Bacula 1.38.11-7 on Debian Sid with a PostgreSQL 8.1 catalog.  We
backup about 3TB of data per month over a dozen machines.

When i run the bconsole, status dir command, it's really slow; specifically
the Scheduled Jobs: section.  It takes about 3 minutues to repond.  I check
to see if the proper indexes were created, and they were.

So i turn on statement logging in Postgres.  During that one status dir
command, Bacula issued over 93,000 select queries.

Now that just doesn't seem right.  Strange how there are only 1,000 unique
commands issues, and even that seems outrageously high.  Most of them had the
form

SELECT VolSessionId,VolSessionTime,PoolId,StartTime,EndTime,JobFiles,JobBytes,
       JobTDate,Job,JobStatus,Type,Level,ClientId,Name
FROM Job
WHERE JobId=2431

Any idea what's going on here or why bconsole is so slow?  Is this a bug?  I
couldn't find anything in Mantis.

thanks,
Brian

--