On 23 Jul 2007 at 18:10, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Is there any way to "alias" a server within bacula? Specifically, I
> just renamed a server, without changing it's IP. I can easily update
> the bacula configurations on the -fd, -sd, and -dir, but I would like
> it if bacula could be told that there are two names for this machine,
> and that a new (full) backup is not necessary.

What you call a server in Bacula has no relation to what you call
that server outside Bacula.  Therefore I'm not quite sure what you
mean by 'renamed a server'.  Did the hostname change?  If so, Bacula
doesn't care...

Perhaps if you paste the Client resource (change sensitive data) and
show us what you changed, we'll be able to help more.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/
Available for hire: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php