Hi all!!

Lately I'm having problems with extra volumes created in a pool. I have a pool for each computer with 5 volumes for each pool (one for day). This is my pool's resource:

Pool {

Name = UserPool

Pool Type = Backup

Recycle = yes

AutoPrune = yes

Volume Retention = 162h

Maximum Volume Jobs = 1

Maximum Volumes = 5

Label Format = "User-"

With my configuration I try to perform a backup of each computer from Monday to Friday in the way each day and each computer uses its own pool and only one volume a day until complete 5 volumes in a week so the next week bacula can recycle the oldest volume which has the volume retention expired.

The problem is that one computer creates extra volumes in its pool because the size of the volume which has to be recycle is greater than 1G.

As I understand, when a job starts running, bacula performs internal operations to find the next volume to use. If recycle flag is set and the volume retention is expired, bacula has to recycle the volume and use it again to save the new backup. But, somehow, when the volume is greater than 1G, bacula has no time to recycle the volume so tries to create a new one.

I want to avoid it because of the risk of filling the hard disk.

With Maximum Volumes = 5 appears a message:

Intervention needed for...

17-Jul 14:20 i8-sd: Job is waiting. Cannot find any appendable volumes.

Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume for:

Storage: FileStorage

Media type: File

Pool: Pool

I use the console and realized that the pool has one volume recycled, but maybe bacula has no time to reuse the volume and the job remains blocking the next jobs until I use the label command or cancel the job to run it manually

It seems like when the Bacula looks for an appendable or recycled volume, the process that recycles the volumes are still working so any volume has been marked as Recycle. But this problem only occurs when the volume is greater than 1G.

Do you know any way of recycling automaticly before a job starts running?

How can I avoid the extra volumes creation without needing to use the label or cancel command to run the job?

I hope you can help me

Thanks

Encuentra tu tv, video, dvd,…