On 2007.08.01. 17:10, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> Not without losing all your back-ups. With disk, it is best to set a
> volume limit so that it will create multiple back-up files. These will
> look like tapes and bacula will be able to prune and recycle these,
> freeing up disk space the size of the back-up file. You may be able to
> use bcopy to extract the back-up into another set of files, but I'm not
> sure and it would require more disk space.

or use single file for each backup, as i am doing. makes it much easier
to synchronise them, too.

deletion would still have to be performed manually, at least for now - i
hope project 5 gets some love :)

Item:   5   Deletion of Disk-Based Bacula Volumes

so if bacula was able to delete expired disk volumes, that would take
some burden off admins (and responsibility, as currently it must be
determined which is the first full volume before desired deletion date
for each job)

> Robert LeBlanc
>
> College of Life Sciences Computer Support
>
> Brigham Young University
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> (801)422-1882
  Rich