On 3 Aug 2007 at 23:17, Scott Ruckh wrote:

> I am running Bacula version 2.1.28 (built from sources) on CentOS 4.5
> x86_64.

That is the latest BETA version of Bacula.

> I recently upgraded php to PHP 5.2.3 and subsequently I also upgraded
> MySQL to version 5.0.45.
>
> I hit a few bumps but all-in-all most things are back to normal.
>
> Unfortunately bacula is giving me some fits.
>
> Before MySQL upgrade I was running bacula 2.0.8 without too many
> issues. After the upgrade bacula did not work as expected.
>
> After trying a few things, I downloaded the latest beta from
> sourceforge and started over.
>
> I used the scripts in the /etc/bacula directory to create the MySQL
> database and tables, and then the grant permission script to grant
> permissions.
>
> The storage daemon, the client, and the director all start without
> errors.
>
> I kick off a backup job for a remote client and all starts off normal
> as it did before.  The pre backup job runs fine and terminates.  Then
> bacula looks like it is off to the races doing it thing.
>
> Unfortunately nothing is being written to the database during the
> backup, and in the log I get a ton of errors that look like the
> following:
>
> 03-Aug 22:49 firewall-dir: AMD01_FULL.2007-08-03_22.42.29 Fatal error:
> catreq.c:478 Attribute create error. sql_get.c:1005 Media record for
> Volume "FULL-0001" not found. 03-Aug 22:49 firewall-dir:
> AMD01_FULL.2007-08-03_22.42.29 Fatal error: sql_create.c:730
> sql_create.c:730 insert INSERT INTO batch VALUES
> (8774,1,'C:/path/','filename.ext','A A IH/ B A A A CJ/ A A BGm2w7
> BGS3tM BGS3tM A A M','1QMVRHuM+6/LjZpNVY/8KQ') failed: Table
> 'bacula.batch' doesn't exist
>
> There definitely is not a bacula.batch table.  Where does this table
> get created?  Do I need to do any special initialization of the
> database before running the backup job.  Is there something with
> MySQL5 that I need to consider that I did not have to with MySQL4?

There is an upgrade script which you need to run manually.  This will
perform any database modifications required for the latest version
you are running

FYI, I'm running 2.0.3 and do not have a batch table.

I checked the database creation and update files.  It does not seem
to create the batch table.  I'll check with devel@ and find out the
story.

> I did a quick google for Media record for Volume "xxxx" not found and
> did not come up with anything useful.  I am not sure what that error
> is telling me.

It's tell you that it could not find an entry for the Volume it is
trying to backup.

BTW: Did you happen to drop the old database and create a new one for
Bacula?  Is FULL-0001 a VOLUME label that you created with the
previous version of Bacula?

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/
Available for hire: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php