I recently upgraded from 1.38 to the current stable.  I didn't do it earlier
because,
well, everything worked so well.  Now I'm trying to come up to speed with the
changes
and new features.

I'm curious if a feature to prevent descending into a directory by having an
indicator file with some specific name in the directory was ever implemented.
vaguely remember it being on the wish list at one time.  It would allow me to
greatly
simplify my FileSet resources.

If not, is it possible to simulate it with an option something like this:

Include {
     Options {
         Exclude = yes
     }
     File = \</program.to.run.on.client
}

where the "program.to.run.on.client" would search for a particular file name
and
create a list of directories where it is present.

If I do something like that, will changes in the list of directories trigger a
full
backup, like they would if written directly in the "bacula-dir.conf" file?

P.S. My full backup took 9.5 hours under version 1.38 and now is only 7.5
hours.  The
tape is the same, so I guess the new version is more efficient in writing the
catalog, etc.  Nice work!

P.P.S.  I upgraded my director using the rpm for fedora core 4, and one client
using
the contrib rpms for fedora core 5, and I rebuilt the source rpm on a fedora
core 4
x86_64 client machine.  They all worked perfectly.  Thanks for that too!

Thanks,
Mark