Hi all,

I'm having some trouble figuring out how to "catch up" when someone has
forgotten to put a tape in or if I manually schedule a job that requires a
different pool than what is in the tape.

I think a real-world example is in order.  My fulls are on the first
weekend of the month, diffs each subsequent weekend, then incrementals on
weekdays.  No one is in the office sat/sun to change tapes.

This past weekend I mistakenly asked for a tape from the weekly pool to be
inserted.  Unfortunately, I had forgotten this was a new month.  So on
Sunday afternoon when bacula was going to do a run, it wanted to do a Full
and it wanted a tape from the Monthly pool.  No one was around, so the
jobs did not start.

Monday I asked for someone to put in the next Monthly tape, but then that
night bacula wanted a Daily.

This is where I get confused.  If a job fails simply due to the wrong
tape, how do I make bacula re-run the job and run it to the appropriate
pool?  If I let this slide, is bacula simply going to wait until the first
weekend in September to do a full run?  I'd really like to get one in
ASAP.

This sort of mishandling of tapes will likely not be a one-time occurence,
plus there's issues of people going on vacation and similar where there
will be no operator on site to swap tapes.  How do other people deal with
this?  What happens to these failed jobs in the catalog?  Should they be
deleted?  Is there a way to reschedule them all?

Another thing that I have not figured out is how to see what bacula thinks
it's next run will be (what hosts, what level, what pool).  I'd like to
know this for troubleshooting purposes as well as to try and script
something to give people an advance warning about what tape should be in
the drive each night.

And lastly, any plans to have the spool act like it does in Amanda?
Meaning that if you have the space and you don't have the right tape in,
bacula will spool all the jobs until the right tape ends up in the drive.
Or perhaps it is possible in some way that I'm not seeing.

Any help is appreciated, we're very happy so far with bacula but for this
little issue of our sneakernet changer not being 100% reliable. :)

Thanks,

Charles