Timo Neuvonen napsal(a):
>> I would like to try Bacula 2.2.0 however there are no RPMS on
>> sourceforge yet and I prefer RPMs to "direct" installation.
>> I do not mind compiling my own packages from tarball or SRPM but there
>> is no SRPM  anywhere and tarball contains only bacula.spec.in file. How
>> can I convert this file into proper spec file so I can use:
>> rpmbuild -tb bacula.2.2.0.tar.gz ?
>>
> Someone else might be more competent than I am to answer this, but my guess
> is that the spec file may still need some modification by the persons
> responsible maintaining the packages. When they've done this, the packages
> (sources and binaries) thereafter propably become available to SF quite
> soon.
>
> So, just be patient. So am I - I also prefer building from SRPM instead of
> tarball. Unfortunately it's beyond my skills to help with the packaging
> process.
>
> --
> TiN

I could not wait any further :-) I needed the packages only for testing
now so I tried to figure it out.

These are steps needed to create RPMs (however I can not guarantee there
is no error or mistake :-) ):

1) unpack tarball and run configure
this is the step I have the biggest "ideological" problem. Configure
should be run when building not when preparing spec file. But IMHO this
"first" configure processes spec.in and create spec file (expanding
macros etc...). Of course it also prepares all the sources but when
building "the second" configure should override all settings made by the
first one.
2) remove all references to developer.pdf prom spec file as it could not
be created by the build process (maybe only on my machine?)
3) download depkgs tarball, documentation tarball, etc - all the
required files are specified on the beginning of the spec file - and put
them into the same directory as final tarball
4) remove (rename) the other spec file
5) tar changed files to tarball again
6) rpmbuild -tb ----defines---- tarbal.tar.gz

This worked for me...