On 8/16/07, Alan Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (Have been running mysql and dbchecks last couple of days...)
>
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Drew Bentley wrote:
>
> >> I've just encountered this message on my system.
> >> I can understand it on MyISAM, but I thought InnoDB had no upper limits.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have experience and recovery pointers?
> >>

> > Perhaps InnoDB was or is specified in your my.cnf file.
>
> It is, although MyISAM is default. All the bacula tables are Inno.
>
> > What does
> > "show innodb status" give you? Find out what tables or databases are
> > using it to dig a little deeper.
>
> I've attached the output, but don't really know enough about Inno
> internals to make much comment....

You'll either need to add more InnoDB by adding more to your
/etc/my.cnf file or convert the tables to use MyISAM. Usually depends
on what MySQL will use as default or if someone else created the
InnoDB space but you can easily add more by editing the
innodb_data_file_path in the my.cnf

A typical my.cnf file for the InnoDB stuff looks like this:

# Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase tables
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:15000M;
innodb_data_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=4
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=128M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0
innodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=512M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=8M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

If you wanted to add space, simply edit this line:

innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:15000M;

And make it look like this:

innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:15000M; ibdata2:15000M;

That would add 15000 more MB to my existing space. Add what you need.

-Drew