On Tuesday 04 September 2007 10:25, Rudolf Cejka wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrOTE (2007/09/03):
> >   fnmatch("a*b/*", "abbb/.x", FNM_PATHNAME|FNM_PERIOD) returns fail
> >     (i.e. FN_NOMATCH).
> > and on my version of the BSD fnmatch.c it returns success.  I could have
>
> Hello, I think that there is a bug in BSD :o/

Yes, that is the conclusion I reached too.  Fortunately, the case is a bit
unusual, so I don't see any urgency in fixing it.

> I debugged your example and
> I think, that I understand where the problem is, but I'm afraid, that the
> solution could not be easy

Hmm. I briefly looked at the problem, and without actually debugging it, it
seemed to me that it is most likely a problem with their * optimization code,
so I left it for some day when I have more time.

> - it is somewhat inherent from historic BSD 4.4
> Lite sources. I looked at FreeBSD and NetBSD sources and they both look
> similar in the critical path. I will send a Problem Report for FreeBSD
> system and we will see.

Good move.  Please let me know if they come up with a solution.  :-)

Regards,

Kern