Thanks for the info.

Would this be due to the fact that the file retention period is 30 days +
incremental saves only since the (only) full backup 2 months ago ?

Did the full backup get purged ?

If so, does this mean I have to get a full backup done on a regular basis ?

Sebastian Perkins schrieb:

>>Is it possible that you have put the directory to the destination in a way
>>that the timestemps did not change?
I don't quite understand... I'm still slightly newbie :o)

Quote from the bacula site (
http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Current_State_Bacula.html#SECTION00540000000000000000):

"Bacula's Differential and Incremental backups are based on time stamps.
Consequently, if you move files into an existing directory or move a whole
directory into the backup fileset after a Full backup, those files will
probably not be backed up by an Incremental save because they will have old
dates. You must explicitly update the date/time stamp on all moved files (we
have a project to correct this)."

This is the reason why we created a program for our windows-clients that is
checking the files and directories of the backupfolders and if it found some
file with an archiveflag it remove it and set a newer timestemp instead. Not
everybody is happy here if the timestemp changed but it´s better than have no
backup for a long time.

However I don´t know if it is the same in Linux. I thought (after a few tests)
Linux is save :). We don´t use such program or script there. So I´m interessted
if this could be the reason for your problem.

Greetings,
user100

Sebastian Perkins schrieb:
> Hello
>
> We are using bacula for the first time in restoration mode : bacula
> version 2.03 / platform fedora core 6. Bacula has been running w/o save
> errors for 2 months.
>
> A test user has asked us to restore an entire directory = what it
> contained last friday.

Is it possible that you have put the directory to the destination in a
way that the timestemps did not change? Can you see all files when you
try to select them for restore? I think there is a Problem when you move
files or directories but I thought this problem mainly depends only to
Win-Clients.