Jason,

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 at 1:05pm, jay wrote:

> I'm having a weird problem trying to restore /etc/hosts on a RHEL4
> box.  I'm testing Bacula 2.2.4 on this box, with a MySQL 4 backend.
> Everything works great so far including my first test restores.
> However, today I tried to do a restore of /etc/hosts.  I enter file
> selection mode, cd /etc, mark hosts, then do an estimates and it
> says 2 files are marked for restoration.  Ok, thats weird.  When I
> finish the restore, no files are restored, except the
> etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default directory structure.
> Now, on the real filesystem, there is a hosts file in that
> directory, as well as /etc/hosts.  But they are not symlinked.

Actually, I would strongly suspect that these two files are hard
linked together.  I have an older RH based system that shows the
following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ stat /etc/hosts
  File: "/etc/hosts"
  Size: 365             Blocks: 8          IO Block: 4096   Regular File
Device: 803h/2051d      Inode: 82900       Links: 2
Access: (0644/-rw-r--r--)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/ root)
Access: Thu Sep 20 11:02:26 2007
Modify: Sun Sep  2 09:48:41 2007
Change: Sun Sep  2 09:48:41 2007

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ stat /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/hosts
  File: "/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/hosts"
  Size: 365             Blocks: 8          IO Block: 4096   Regular File
Device: 803h/2051d      Inode: 82900       Links: 2
Access: (0644/-rw-r--r--)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: Thu Sep 20 11:02:26 2007
Modify: Sun Sep  2 09:48:41 2007
Change: Sun Sep  2 09:48:41 2007

Notice that the Inode number is identical between these 2 files, which
proves they are hard linked together.

> It seems like Bacula is getting confused about which hosts file I
> actually want restored.  It happens if I set the restore client to
> the same machine, or a different one.
>
> Perhaps this is just my inexperience with the software, but can
> someone offer a suggestion as to what the problem might be?  Maybe
> someone else can confirm this happens with them?  Thanks

If these files do have different inode numbers, they are different
files.  If the inode numbers are the same, they are just a single file
with multiple names.

chris

- --
Chris Shelton
Indiana University - Financial Management Services
- -