I'm attempting to backup a Vista 64 workstation with Bacula 2.2.4and
getting errors for VSS on the machine.  This is the first Vista 64
device I have attempted to use with Bacula.  I am running multiple Vista 32
and XP clients with no errors.

The error message:

06-Oct 23:30 Schmidt-hp8150-fd: Schmidt-HP8150.2007-10-06_23 .05.05 Warning:
VSS was not initialized properly. VSS support is disabled. ERR=An attempt
was made to reference a token that does not exist.

Enable VSS = on is set in the fileset resource.

In Windows Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Applications I get the following errors
at the same time:

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: The VSS Coordinator class is not
registered. This may be caused due to a setup failure or as a result of an
application's installer or uninstaller.

Operation:

Instantiating VSS server
 -------
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine
CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040154.

Operation:

Instantiating VSS server
-----

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client multiple times.  I have also
verified in Windows Services that all of the COM+ services are running.

I Googled the Windows error messages and there is a fair bit of discussion
out there regarding various backup applications and Vista 64.  Most of it
centers around Vista 64 not being capable of using the 32 bit requester.

Is anyone else out there experiencing the same issues?  Or does anyone have
a workaround?

For the Bacula development community: If there is a need for testers for
Vista 32, Vista 64, XP or Linux, I am interested in assisting.

Thanks,

--
Douglas Schmidt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]