Update, figured it out. I need to first issue 'mt offline' before I can gain
access to the tape. Now I need to figure out how I tell bacula about this?

Mike

---

Testing in trying to get my changer to work. The drive seems to be doing fine,
the btape test goes well. The autochanger on the other hand, I can't seem to
find enough information to resolve problems.

For example, I am able to load a tape from slot 1;
/etc/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg0 load 1 /dev/nst0 0

However, I cannot unload it;

# /etc/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg0 unload 1 /dev/nst0 0

Unloading Data Transfer Element into Storage Element 1...mtx: Request Sense:
Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Illegal Request
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 3B
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 90
mtx: Request Sense: Field in Error = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=yes
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Field Pointer = 0B 00
MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 63000 to 0 Failed

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike