Folks;

currently into reorganizing the tape-backup of some of our systems using
bacula, I do have a situation like this:

- Backups go to tapes, full backup needs to span across two tapes,
incrementals fit on one.

- We do use a Tandberg LTO-2 tape changer, the tapes for weekend full
backup always are located in slots 1 and 2, those for the rest of the
week always in 3 .. 7 . There are two weeks in rotation.

So far my idea has been to create two different tape pools (Full and
Incremental) adding the right tapes (and the appropriate slots) to the
right pool and hoping for the best. What I don't really get straight by
now is how to choose between different pools and managing the
full/incremental setup correctly:

- Can I have a Job defined as Level "Incremental" without ever running a
Full dump on that job? Or is every job forced into Full the first time
it's being run? Can I sort of "link" two job definitions making one
responsible for "Full" and one for "Incremental"?

- Can I setup one job but choose a different pool to be used based upon
the schedule in use?

- Is there a smarter (easier) way to setup a scenario like that?

Thanks in advance in case of any responses (given these questions
possibly are rather basic/stupid), best regards.
Kristian

--
Dipl.-Ing.(BA) Kristian Rink * Software- und Systemingenieur
planConnect GmbH  * Könneritzstr. 33 * 01067 Dresden