le dahut wrote:
> Has I said (not directly I assume), it is not corrupted and indeed, many
> random processes take successively port 9101 and when I finally restart
> all the incriminated services, it ends on a bacula-dir process that
> seems not to have been properly killed/closed by the init script.
>
> So why do I get this very strange behavior ?

Either a) every one of those programs has been configured to use 9101, which I
highly doubt, or b) when each one of those programs goes to look up its
default port, it is always getting 9101.  Unless you have NIS configured on
your system, the canonical source for service name to port number mappings in
/etc/services file.

If you like, you could post your /etc/services file on a web site or
pastebin.ca somewhere, and others could then take a look to see what hidden
faults there might be.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken