John Stoffel wrote:
> Mark> John Stoffel wrote:
>>> even if you *don't care* which drive gets used, bacula should just
>>> pick it's own damm drive for the checking, if needed.  And since
>>> update slots hacks the Media table, what's the process to get the
>>> status without an update?
>
> Mark> Does this give you what you need?
>
> Mark> #!/bin/sh
> Mark> bconsole -c /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf <<END_OF_DATA
> Mark> query
> Mark> 15
> Mark> quit
> Mark> END_OF_DATA
>
> Not really, since it doesn't show which tapes are in which drives (if
> in any).  I can already get this information from the DB using my
> script.
>
> I'm now looking for:
>
> 1. Number of slots in jukebox
> 2. Which tape(s) are in which drive(s).

"status storage" is the only way I know to get bacula's opinion of what
tape is in what drive.

My changer came with a utility program that can output the slot
occupants and the tape drive status.  Maybe you have something similar?
  Otherwise mtx or the bacula mtx-changer script can do some of this.

The number of slots for example:
/etc/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg0 slots

Mark