Dan Langille wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2008, at 8:17 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I am a new user of Bacula, Evaluating various option with bacula.
>> My Interest area's are .
>> 1. Online Remote Backup Functionality: I found Bacula is quite
>> stable and suitable for this purpose.
>> 2. Multiple OS support: I have tested bacula with Intel/AMD 32 bit/
>> 64 bit arch. Linux, Solaris and WindowsXP. Its working
>> Satisfactorily there.
>> 3. Disk based backup: Bacula is again working well on this front as
>> well.
>> 4. Ease of Use and administration: I found that bacula is having
>> multiple Interactive utility and console( BCONSOLE, BAT, BIMAGEMGR,
>> BWX-CONSOLE, BGNOME-CONSOLE, TRAY-MONITOR, BWEB BRESTORE, and
>> BACULA-WEB) a very long list of Interactive utilities. But i didn't
>> get a single GUI/WEB utility which  allows me to control the
>> configuration part of BACULA.
>> Like following
>> 1. Creating and Defining Clients.
>> 2. Creating and Defining Storage Targets.
>> 3. Creating and Defining File Set.
>>
>> which i feel  would be very usefull if available within a product
>> like Bacula.
>> Every time whenever i have to perform any of (1,2,3) activities i
>> will have to make changes in any of the configuration file(bacula-
>> dir.conf, etc....)
>>
>> Otherwise all "operational options" are available there in GUI
>> utility.
>>
>> This could be my Limitation of awareness and understanding also
>> about the product and features. If somebody have solution for this
>> please help me to know that.
>

> There is no GUI configuration tool for Bacula.

Can't we admit that an ssh session + vim inside a X env is a graphical
interface ?
:-)))

There's plenty of (webmin, yast, mandriva mmc, etc trying to configure complex
programs
but no one could allow you to be as flexible than a simple text editor
Imagine the power of include ...

:-)
For me not having a graphical interface is not a point.

--

     Bruno Friedmann  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland