On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 12:13:37AM -0300, junior carvalho wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I have some debian etch servers working with bacula 1.38; I would like to
> migrate to 2.4 ( from backports ), there are some kind of incompatibilites?
> problems? there are a special way to follow?
>
> JC

Hello JC,

we usually compile bacula from source and keep the different versions
in separate directories, so if you have a db dump and a config file
backup handy going back to the previous-version is a no-brainer. Don't
know about using the backports repositories though, backing up your
database and config files first might be the prudent thing to do.

All the best,

uwe

--
uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net phone: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Guetersloh, Germany