> Anyone out there tried compiling bacula v.3.0.1 on FreeBSD v7.1?
>
> When I try I get this error:
>
> Compiling jcr.c
> jcr.c: In function 'void _dbg_print_jcr(FILE*)':
> jcr.c:1067: error: cast from 'pthread*' to 'int' loses precision
> *** Error code 1

Is this 64-bit FreeBSD?

It looks like a bug to me, because the code is casting pthread_t to int.  It
probably doesn't complain on most 32-bit systems, but it isn't allowed by the
standard.  As a hackaround, trying changing (int) to (int)(long) on line 1067
of src/lib/jcr.c.  That is not correct either, but it might remove the error.

I suggest you file a bug report.

__Martin