On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:42:30PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> hi!
>
> reading the documentation i understand that you should have several
> volumes for concurrent backups, on different devices/directories. (i
> work on disk for now.)
>
> However some people here on the list seem to be doing well with
> concurrent backups to only one volume. is that actually true or am i
> misunderstanding something?
>
> if so, how do i do that? i would like a reciept for that. what bacula
> version is required for that?

Hallo Andreas,

we're running two concurrent backups to one disk based volume using
bacula 2.2.8. The volume grows to a maximum size of 400g (so we can
fit two of them onto an lto4 for off-site storage), then the oldest
one is recycled and used.

So far, we haven't had any troubles restoring data with this
setup. All I did in order to enable 2 concurrent jobs was to add the
line

Maximum concurrent jobs = 2

to the director definition.

HTH,

Uwe

--
uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net phone: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Guetersloh, Germany